Getting Married in Vail
Colorado Marriage License Requirements
Couples desiring to be married are required to obtain their own marriage license. Below is the information required for obtaining a marriage license, as provided by the office of Eagle County Clerk and Recorder:
- Both parties must be present to apply for a marriage license and both must sign the application
- Date of birth
- Current address
- Place of birth
- Your social security number (if you have no social security number, then you must complete an affidavit at the time of application)
- You do not have to be a US citizen to obtain a marriage license
- Names and addresses of parents
- Marital status
- If divorced, the date and the court where the final decree was issued must be provided
- If widowed, then the date you were widowed
Click here for the Eagle County marriage application.
Tips to remember when applying for a marriage license in Eagle County:
- The cost of a license is approximately $30.00.
- The marriage license will be issued at the time of application and is valid immediately for 30 days.
- If a previous marriage ended in divorce within the past 90 days, or in the past year out-of-state, a copy of the divorce decree is required.
- The bride and groom must present proper identification at the time of license application. This includes driver's license, passport and a certified copy of birth certificate and/or social security card.
Clerk & Recorder
P.O. Box 573
500 Broadway, Suite 101
Eagle, Colorado 81631