Filter press releases by year:
Aria Club’s Ski Conditioning Program Strengthens & Tones Off the Slopes to Improve On the Slopes Performance
Six-week session incorporates varied aerobic and weighted exercises to prep body for the fitness demands of winter sports
VAIL, Colo., Sept. 24, 2012 – Winter pastimes like skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing are high-intensity activities that demand a lot from your body. While many associate ‘getting fit’ with summer, winter demands an equal if not greater level of fitness preparation to avoid injury and minimize muscle soreness and fatigue. On Oct. 8, Vail Colorado's Aria Club will launch its 25th Annual Ski Conditioning program, a six-week fitness series that incorporates plyometrics, agility, leg and core strengthening, and dynamic stability exercises to tone and prepare the body for outdoor winter fitness. New this year, the ski conditioning program in Vail will include a youth conditioning program and a Saturday boot camp for Front Range residents that want to add altitude training to their fitness regimen. Attendees will also receive exclusive promotions courtesy of this year’s program sponsors, including companies such as Gorusch, New Belgium Brewing, Life Fitness, and Atwater on Gore Creek, a great restaurant in Vail. Participants 15 or older can register by email for the full six-week session, morning or afternoon programs or sign up for single classes. Each session is limited to 50 participants.
For 25 years, Aria Club fitness experts have leveraged the skills, knowledge and training learned on mountain to create real-life, pre-ski programs that can be executed indoors. Held in Vail Cascade’s award-winning Aria Club, six accredited coaches will direct the ski conditioning program, which includes a morning and/or afternoon option Monday-Thursday, starting Oct. 8-Nov. 15. Each session will begin with a warm-up, followed by movement preparation exercises involving stretching and muscle activation techniques. Attendees will then be split into groups and rotate through four stations, each designed to focus on 1) Plyometrics & Agility, 2) Leg Strengthening, 3) Core Strengthening, and 4) Dynamic Stability.
This year, Aria Club, a premier fitness and athletic training center in Vail, has added three new offerings to enhance the ski conditioning program:
1. The program will now offer a winter boot camp session Saturday mornings (10-11:30am) that enables residents in the Front Range to augment their weekday fitness regimen with altitude training in Vail. The session will be modeled after the ski conditioning program and will be tailored for individual or small group workouts. Each session is $25/members or $50/non-members or $100/$200 for a six-week session.
2. A youth conditioning program for participants ages 9-14 will run concurrently with the afternoon adult sessions on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Aria Club. A certified personal trainer will lead the program and instruct participants through a modified version of the adult ski conditioning program. The price is $7 drop-in fee or $60 for a six-week session. 3. Coaches will incorporate the technology and versatility of two new fitness systems the club added earlier this year. TRX® suspension training is a bodyweight exercise that develops strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. FitWall® is a vertical wall system that uses body weight for resistance, engaging and challenging all muscle groups to increase functional strength. Both of these new systems will help diversify fitness regimens and give participants innovative methods to tone and strengthen.
In addition to training sessions, all participants will also receive exclusive promotions and giveaways courtesy of this year’s program sponsors, including a chance to win a new high-end pair of skis, dining certificates, product giveaways and lodging packages.
The program’s 2012 sponsors are: Gorusch, New Belgium Brewing, Life Fitness, Odell Brewing, Power Bar, Great Divide Brewing, Atwater on Gore Creek, Destination Hotels & Resorts, Breckenridge Brewery and Ska Brewing.
2012 Ski Conditioning in Colorado Schedule
- Monday: 5:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday: 6:15am – 7:30am
- Wednesday: 9:00am – 10:30am, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday: 6:15am – 7:30am
- Full program: 30 classes $150/$450
- Morning classes: 18 classes $144/$306
- Evening classes: 12 classes $120/$228
- Single Class: $15/$35
- Family Package: $290/$600 (Evening session enrollment for two adults and two full program passes for youth)
For more information about the ski conditioning program at Aria Club or to schedule a facility tour, please visit www.vailcascade.com or call 970.476.7400.
About Vail Cascade Resort & Spa
Vail Cascade's ideal location in Colorado and breathtaking mountain surroundings create the perfect natural playground for all-season adventure. With pleasantly warm summers and cool falls, you can enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, strolling through the Villages and soaking up sun poolside from Vail Cascade, one of Vail's best ski resorts. Frosty winter and springtime temperatures transform the hotel into a snowy wonderland with true ski-in/ski-out access. Just like the hotel itself, dining at Vail Cascade is truly an event to be savored. Atwater on Gore Creek, the hotel's signature dining venue overlooking Gore Creek, fuses modern style with the region's natural elements. Locally inspired and delightfully enjoyed, Atwater serves creative American cuisine in a stylish yet comfortable environment for an exceptional dining experience. A world of wellness awaits you at Vail Cascade's 78,000-square-foot Aria Spa & Club - the largest spa and fitness facility in the Vail Valley. From the moment you arrive, you feel the inviting warmth and healthy energy of a true mountain retreat. Focusing on all-encompassing wellness, Aria Spa & Club, a Colorado mountain spa, brings mind, body and spirit into balance with pampering treatments, invigorating workouts and a focus on a healthy life.
About Destination Hotels & Resorts
Destination Hotels & Resorts is a privately held hospitality management company headquartered in Colorado. With more than 35 independent, luxury and upscale hotels, resorts and golf clubs, Destination is the third largest hospitality management company in the country. The company’s portfolio features more than 9,100 guest rooms, 16 golf courses and 16 full-service spas. Destination Hotels & Resorts properties are located in key metropolitan and resort markets including Washington, D.C., Seattle, Denver, San Diego, Santa Fe, Aspen, Austin, Phoenix, Portland, Palm Springs, Palos Verdes, Maui and Lake Tahoe. The company is a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based investment, development and management firm Lowe Enterprises. For a complete list of properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection, please visit www.destinationhotels.com.
Lupe Hirt, MindSpeak PR, 303.859.1762, email@example.com