Specials & Packages
The Tough Mudder in Colorado is taking place June 15-16. Aria Club's Tough Mudder Training Program is designed to be a systematic, progressive approach to training both the energy systems and skills necessary to complete a Tough Mudder challenge.
Tough Mudder Training Program at Aria Club:
- 8 week programs available, weekday and weekends
- Now through June 6, training programs will run Tuesday and Thursday evenings (5:45-7pm)
- Starting May 25 and running through June 8, weekend training programs will run on Saturday and Sunday (8:30-9:45am)
- Classes taught by certified fitness trainer Andy Martin
- Location: Aria Club Basketball Court, Fitwall/TRX Studio, Racquetball Court, Donovan Park, Cascade Village
- Full program: $80
- Drop-in fee: $5/class
This is not a boot camp! While the outdoor sessions will have a certain amount of variability as different obstacles are simulated, the initial phase of the program is designed to introduce skills to the athletes, and then practice those skills to prepare for a specific competition. Additionally, while not prohibitive on the basis of fitness level, this program will have a higher level of intensity inherent in each session to prepare the athletes for the competition and breed a mutually motivating “team” environment.
Movement/Work Capacity Development
- Establish correct movement patterns to reduce the risk of injury/optimize training
- Emphasize development of core strength
- Progressively increase training volume by increasing intensity, decreasing rest periods
- Emphasize recovery techniques and sport nutrition (referrals to RD Taylor Hagan)
- Develop strength and training capacity to allow for maintenance training concurrent to competition specific training in the next phase
Obstacle Simulation (Inside/Outside)
- While maintaining training level with higher intensity bouts of exercise, begin implementing training protocols to simulate obstacles that will appear in competition
- Emphasize teamwork, motivation, intensity, etc.
- Emphasize feedback on weaknesses to highlight areas that may require more training
Expand Training Volume (Outside)
- Transition training to outdoor environment to begin expanding training to include distance runs, climbing obstacles, etc.
- Transition to a full bout of exercise with no rest to begin simulating the timing and progression of the actual competition (no way to simulate a 3-4 hour competition, so athletes on additional training to coincide with training program)
For more information on training for the Tough Mudder Beaver Creek, stop by Aria Club or call Aria Club at 970-476-7400.