Winter Activities in Vail for Families
This winter, Vail Cascade Resort, a Colorado family resort, is rolling out the white carpet to celebrate Vail’s 50th anniversary and is inviting pint-sized guests and their families to partake in the celebrations. From seasonal hotel programs and activities to convenient ski-in/ski-out access and amazing on-mountain activities, Vail Cascade Resort is a family’s stepping stone to absolute fun in the sun snow!
Vail Cascade Activities on-property and Family Fun for Kids of All Ages in Vail
- Each Friday and Saturday night, guests can enjoy roasting complimentary s’mores and sipping hot chocolate fireside while they take in views of Gore Creek and Vail Mountain.
- Be a kid at the 15th Annual Cascade Christmas celebration, an 11 day, on-site holiday guest program (Dec. 21-Jan. 1) that features an assortment of scheduled activities, including gingerbread making sessions, magic shows and ornament decorating. Visit www.vailcascadechristmas.com for details.
- Keep kiddos, ages 5-12, entertained with Cascade KidVenture, a supervised 1-2 hour craft camp that helps kids channel their inner creativity. ($10-25)
- Splish splash in Vail’s only creek-side, infinity-edge heated pool or relax in one of three outdoor hot tubs overlooking Gore Creek.
- Borrow board games (i.e. memory, chess, sorry, operation, Monopoly, etc.) from the front desk for game time in-room or challenge the kids to a game on the Wii, located in the hotel’s library.
- Rent an indoor tennis court at Aria Club, Vail's largest fitness and training facility, and get the family moving with a round of tennis. ($30 per hour)
- Check out the Aria fitness schedule for kid appropriate classes, i.e. kid's yoga, ski conditioning, or fitness classes. (cost varies by class)
Noteworthy Amenities & Services at Vail Cascade Resort, a Family Mountain Resort
- The resort embarked on a multi-million dollar guest room redesign that will debut this winter as Vail’s newest guestroom experience.
- As Vail’s only AAA Four Diamond ski-in/ski-out property, guests enjoy convenient ski lift access mere steps from the hotel on the Cascade lift, Chair 20. The hotel delivers added convenience with an on-site ski-concierge and full service ski and snowboard shop.
- Vail Cascade, a resort in Vail, offers complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to Lionshead and Vail Village.
- On property childcare at Aria Spa for kids ages 6 months through 8 years old. In-room babysitting is also available upon request.
Exciting Winter Activities & Excursions in Vail, Colorado
You might come to Vail, Colorado, for the ski runs, but that doesn't mean that is all we offer. Vail is all about family-oriented vacations and engaging wintertime adventures that will forever be cherished. And with so many ways to spend your time at Vail Cascade, a Colorado family resort, your only problem will be deciding which activity to try next.