Vail Family Holidaze
Vail Family Holidaze returns with ice-skating performances by world-champion ice skaters, tree lighting and the New Year’s Eve Torchlight Ski Down and fireworks!
Vail Family Holidaze events are not to be missed. Plan your Vail holiday getaway toady!
Winter Solstice on Ice presented by Alpine Bank
- December 20 & 21, 2013, starting at 5pm
- Solaris Plaza Ice Rink, Vail Village
- World-class ice skaters including U.S. Figure Skating Champion Ryan Bradley perform singles, pairs and group programs in the heart of Vail Village. All Winter Solstice on Ice performances will take place on the ice rink in Solaris Plaza in Vail Village and are free and open to the public.
Vail's Tree Lighting as part of Logan Luminescence
- December 22, 2013; 5pm
- Slifer Plaza, Vail Village
- The Tree Lighting Ceremony begins with a short holiday stage program will include live entertainment, appearances by the Mayor of Vail, Art in Public Places and of course the lighting of the Vail’s holiday tree by the Covered Bridge in Vail Village. Complimentary hot chocolate will be served as guests enjoy and ring in the holiday season.
New Year festivities in Vail
Once you’ve recovered from all the Vail holiday festivities, ring in the New Year Vail style December 31st:
- Torchlight Parade & Fireworks
- December 31, 2013; 6:15pm
- Golden Peak
- A Vail tradition on New Year’s Eve. Come watch skiers and boarders from the Vail Ski and Snowboard School form a glowing train as they ride down Golden Peak. Viewing for this spectacle will take place at the base of Golden Peak at approximately 6:15 p.m. Fireworks will light up the sky directly after the parade.