TO USE A DESTINATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY (DMC) OR NOT?
Strategic Account Director Margaret Coyle Explores the DMC Option
We here at the Vail Cascade have our own on-site DMC which has great advantages for some groups. A DMC represents the client, their goals and objectives to the vendors in the region where a program is being held. A client benefits from the DMC’s knowledge of local products, service quality and reliability. A DMC will negotiate on the client’s behalf, always keeping their best interest and budget in mind. When choosing a location, ask first if the hotel has an onsite DMC (they would have the best relationships) and if not, who would they recommend? Be sure to secure a DMC that is local and knows the area you are considering.
Some benefits when working with an on-site DMC:
- One contact and payment to keep all details in line with everything simple
- Knowledge of the finest local venues, activity vendors, décor, transportation and other event services
- On-going relationships with vendors to obtain the best quality, service and negotiations.
- Creative ideas for special events teambuilding and those challenging situations
- Access to and experience with the new, exclusive and unique venues and restaurant.
- Program Design
- Logistics Management
- Supplier Management
I personally had a group last week where our onsite DMC performed a flawless program for over 300 people. They arranged teambuilding; dine around, activities, transportation, satellite check in, decor and so much more.
When considering a location that has an onsite DMC ask for references from past successful groups that have used the DMC.