Tips for Planning a Mountain Wedding
When you choose to have a mountain wedding in the beautiful Colorado mountains, you’ll need to plan ahead. From the ceremony you’ve been dreaming about, to an unforgettable reception, pulling off a storybook wedding requires some careful planning.
At Vail Cascade Resort, you'll work with our wedding specialist who has the experience, creativity and commitment to help you design your wedding ceremony and reception just the way you've always imagined. At every step of the process - from planning through your special day - your wedding specialist will be with you, ensuring that everything you envision turns out to be perfect.
Here are a few important tips to remember when planning a mountain wedding:
- Couples desiring to be married are required to obtain their own marriage license. Click here for the information required for obtaining a marriage license, as provided by the office of Eagle County Clerk and Recorder.
- Consider the elements when dress and shoe shopping.
- Always, always, always, have a back up weather plan.
- If having an outdoor ceremony or events, provide sunscreen or sun protection.
- Prepare your guests for the side effects of altitude! Provide them with bottled water in their hotel rooms and mini oxygen bottles and first aid kits if asking them to participate in on-mountain activities.
- Take advantage of creative wedding packages and custom menus designed to make planning your special day as enjoyable and simple as saying “I Do”.
At Vail Cascade, unforgettable moments become cherished memories and a lifetime together begins in a mountain setting as natural as your love. From spectacular outdoor settings and elegant ballrooms, to exquisite cuisine and exceptional service, Vail Cascade will help you turn your vision for a dream wedding into a reality.