Elevate Your Next Meeting in Colorado with Vail's Top Hikes
Nothing soothes the soul like a beautiful mountain hike in Colorado. Hiking can be a single sport or a great way for a group to get out together and take in the fresh air. A much-needed break after a day of meetings in the mountains in the awe-inspiring surroundings of Vail, Colorado reduces stress, inspires creativity and rejuvenates the senses. Nothing compares to a Vail mountain hike in the summer, where dozens of hiking trails can be found. Hiking is healthy, it’s FREE, and just about everyone can enjoy it. All you need is a good pair of hiking boots, a backpack and you are all set. So get out and rediscover nature this summer as a guest of Vail Cascade Resort…...you may just find you’ve rediscovered yourself!
Here’s a list of the best trails in Vail for your hiking pleasure...
- Eagle’s Loop: Short ridge-top loop with great views of Mount of the Holy Cross. 1 mile (1.6 km) 15-20 minutes. Level: Easy
- Lower Fireweed: Beautiful wooded trail between Adventure Ridge and Mid-Vail. 1 mile (1.6 km) 30-40 minutes. Level: Easy
- Berrypicker: Starting at Lower Fireweed, this intermediate trail winds down from Mid-Vail or Adventure Ridge to Vail Village or Lionshead. Picnic at Minnie’s Deck along the way. 4.6 miles (7.4 km) 2-3 hours one way. Level: Intermediate
- Grand Escape: This trail offers an alternative hiking experience with spectacular views and makes a great loop with Ridge Route. 1.5 miles (2.4 km) 1.5-2 hours one way. Level: Intermediate
- Kinnickkinnick: A wooded trail connecting Ridge Route at Wildwood and heads to Mid-Vail. 2 miles (3.2 km) 2 hours. Combine with Ridge Route: 3.4 miles (5.5 km) 3.5-4 hours one way. Level: Intermediate
- Ptarmigan Loop: –Scenic trail through shaded woods connecting with Ridge Route at Wildwood to Ptarmigan Point and back. 1.2 miles (1.9 km) 30-40 minutes. Loop with Ridge Route: 4 miles (4.2 km), 2.5-3 hours. Level: Intermediate
- Ridge Route: Intermediate ridge climb from Adventure Ridge to Wildwood and back with spectacular views. 1.4 miles (2.3 km) 1.5-2 hours one way. Level: Intermediate
- Sunlight: Beautiful trail connecting Ridge Route and Kinnickinnick at Wildwood, finishing at Patrol Headquarters. 1.5 miles (2.4 km) 1 hour. Length with connecting trails varies: 3.5-4.5 miles (5.6-7.2 km) 2.5-3 hours one way. Level: Expert Bad
- Simba: Steep single track trail with switchbacks winding through trees and meadows, eventually meeting up with Berry Picker. 75 miles (1.2 km), 1-1.5 hours one way. Level: Expert
After a good hike in Vail, treat yourself to a massage or body treatment. Aria Spa & Club at Vail Cascade Resort brings mind, body and spirit into balance with pampering treatments guaranteed to help you relax or rejuvenate. So go ahead, indulge and find a new altitude with a group hike in Colorado - you deserve it!
Photo: Group hiking in Vail