Atwater Beer Buzz December 6
It’s snowing!! That’s super exciting, and we’ve got more exciting things happening in the world of craft beer….so hang on and we’ll go for some turns!
Dave Thibodeau, kingpin of the Founders/Owners of Ska Brewing Co., is joining us for our December Brewmaster’s Weekend starting tomorrow. Join us for our Meet the Brewmaster event in Fireside Bar from 4 – 7pm tomorrow afternoon (Friday) for complimentary Ska Brewing samples and Ska social hour. Then on Saturday at 5:00 pm Dave and his cronies will be hosting the Small Plates & Craft Beer Pairing event in Atwater in Gore Creek along with our team of talented chefs. The menu is out and looks fantastic! Go here to check out the menu or see below.
- Ska True Blonde: Handmade Lemon & Herb Focaccia, Housemade Whipped Colorado Honey Butter
- Ska “On the Sly Again” Weizenbock, Pork Chicharon Tacos, Pomegranate, Ginger, Jalapeno, Queso Fresco
- Ska Modus Hoperandi: Crab Pot Sticker, English Peas, Curry Hollandaise
- Ska Mole Stout Funnel Cake Raspberries & Milk Chocolate
For a mere $25, you can enjoy this delicious adventure complete with a guided tour by both Brewmaster and culinary team. It’s a terrific experience, and we suggest reservations to hold your seat. Go here for more information on our craft beer, creative cuisine Brewmaster's Dinner at our Vail restaurant. You can either email me or call me at 970-479-1514 - or call Atwater at 970-479-7014 to make that booking.
Our Wednesday Night Craft Beer Tastings continue to roll along, delighting our guests and collecting more repeat fans each week! This week we thank Cody Butters from AC Golden Brewing Co. for sharing her 100% Colorado Native Lager and India Pale Lager, and next week we look forward to trying some Firestone Walker creations, which were just introduced into the mountains on October 1. When Elizabeth lets me know what she’s bringing, I’ll share with you on our Atwater on Gore Creek facebook page. Remember: 4:30 – 6:30pm now, in order to coincide with après ski.
The Winter season is here, and we’re in between the holidays, so it’s time to enjoy the special craft beers created for this glorious time of year! We have a rotating Winter/Holiday list of offerings, and they currently feature the following treats:
- Left Hand Fade to Black Vol. 4
- Bristol Old No. 23 Barleywine
- Brauerei Schloss Eggenberg Samichlaus
- Port Brewing Santa’s Little Helper
- Hebrew Funky Jewbelation
There will be some other goodies forthcoming, including Delirium Noel, Scaldis Noel & Very Bad Elf…so stay tuned!
New on the craft beer list this week are:
- Upslope Pale Ale, Boulder, CO (on draft)
- Firestone Walker DBA, Amber/ESB, Paso Robles, CA
- Deschutes Chainbreaker White IPA, Bend, OR
- Ska Mole Stout, Durango, CO
- Left Hand Warrior IPA, Longmont, CO (large format)
- Firestone Walker Wookey Jack, Black Rye IPA, Paso Robles, CA (large format)
This week’s Friday Featured Flight in our Vail dining restaurant will be tuned in to our Brewmaster’s Weekend:
- Ska Euphoria Pale Ale
- Firestone Walker DBA
- Deschutes Chainbreaker
- Ska Ten Pin Porter
- Ska Mole Stout
And this week’s Craft Draft Flight begins the next rotation with a single change:
- Hacker Pschorr Weisse
- Upslope Pale Ale
- Samuel Adams Winter Lager
- Boulder Mojo IPA
- New Belgium 1554
We look forward to seeing you for our Ska Brewmaster’s Weekend, and keep doing that snow dance! Remember that we always have complimentary valet parking for our Fireside and Atwater guests, and we’re still running 25% off of Atwater Large Plates & Pizzas.
Thank you so much for your support!