Atwater Beer Buzz July 5th
Happy Independence Week!
We hope everyone enjoyed some red, white and blue spirit on the 4th! We’ve got the bbq grill going by the pool, festivities going on just down the path in Vail Village, spectacular hiking, biking, fishing, tubing…you name it. And when the day slows down we’re featuring Craft Beer Flights & Bites in the Fireside Bar from 4 – 6pm. It’s the perfect way to chill out - with a Craft Draft Flight and 50% off of the delicious small plate of your choice.
- To finish off the holiday week in style, we’re excited to welcome Matt Thrall, Head Brewer at Avery Brewing Company in Boulder, CO for our Avery Brewmaster’s Weekend! Our first event is the Meet and Greet in Fireside Bar from 4 – 7pm on Friday afternoon, and it’s a complimentary sampling opportunity open to the public. Join us to soak up the holiday, visit with Matt and the Avery team, and taste the treats that they are bringing to share. Rumor has it that there will be a couple of special bottles coming from the infamous Avery cellar…
Do you have your reservation for Saturday’s Small Plates & Craft Beer Pairings? Nail it down now to guarantee your seats! You can email me or call 970-479-7014 for a reservation. The festivities begin at 5pm, and the show usually lasts between 1 & 1 ½ hours. Executive Chef Todd Bemis & his team will be talking food & pairing inspiration as each course comes out, and Matt Thrall will be talking about each Avery beer as it’s served. It’s going to be one of those ‘perfect storm’ food & craft beer pairings, and you owe it to yourself to be here!
You can view/print the flyer here…who’s had frog leg beignets before? I bet they’re heavenly with Avery’s Hog Heaven Barleywine!
In other craft beer news, last week saw our first large conference event with craft beer, and it was quite successful! We had 250 doctors in from around the country, and they chose to have a craft beer reception to wrap up their meetings on Friday. This is the first time our banquet staff has worked with our craft beer program, and they were excited to learn more about what craft beer can be at the Vail Cascade. I’m optimistic that this will lead to more conference business for the program, and have proposed several different formats for these events in house.
New on the Vail Cascade Craft Beer list this week are:
- Boulder Beer Kinda Blue, a filtered American Wheat with muted tones of blueberry (and)
- Avery White Rascal, an authentic Belgian style white ale with coriander and Curacao orange peel
This week’s Friday Night Flights will be happening in conjunction with the Avery Brewmaster’s Weekend on Friday!
In addition to Avery White Rascal and Avery IPA specials all weekend, they are jumping into Friday Night Flights as well.
This week’s Friday Featured Flight ($7) is as follows:
- Boulder Kinda Blue
- Avery White Rascal
- Avery IPA
- Dixie Blackened Voodoo
- Samuel Adams New World Tripel
Our Craft Draft Sampler ($7 on Fridays) includes the following:
- Samuel Adams Summer Ale
- Morland’s Old Speckled Hen (nitro)
- Bristol Brewing Laughing Lab
- Ska Modus Hoperandi
- Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar
As always, we offer complimentary valet parking to all of our Atwater on Gore Creek and Fireside patrons. We make it easy for you!
Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend, and I hope you have a stellar holiday week!
We very much appreciate your support.
Craft Beer Program