Aria Club’s Ski Conditioning Program Strengthens & Tones Off the Slopes to Improve On the Slopes Performance
Winter pastimes like skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing are high-intensity activities that demand a lot from your body. While many associate ‘getting fit’ with summer, winter demands an equal if not greater level of fitness preparation to avoid injury and minimize muscle soreness and fatigue. On Oct. 8, Aria Club will launch its 25th Annual Ski Conditioning program, a six-week fitness series that incorporates plyometrics, agility, leg and core strengthening, and dynamic stability exercises to tone and prepare the body for outdoor winter fitness. This year, the program will also include a youth conditioning program for children 9-14. All participants will also receive exclusive promotions courtesy of this year’s program sponsors, including companies such as Gorusch, New Belgium Brewing, Life Fitness, and Atwater on Gore Creek. Participants 15 or older can register by email for the full six-week session, morning or afternoon programs or sign up for single classes. Each session is limited to 50 participants.
For 25 years, Aria Club fitness experts have leveraged the skills, knowledge and training learned on mountain to create real-life ski programs that can be executed indoors. Held in Vail Cascade’s award-winning Aria Club, six accredited coaches will direct the ski conditioning program, which includes a morning and/or afternoon option Monday-Thursday, starting Oct. 8-Nov. 15. Each session will begin with a warm-up, followed by movement preparation exercises involving stretching and muscle activation techniques. Attendees will then be split into groups and rotate through four stations, each designed to focus on 1) Plyometrics & Agility, 2) Leg Strengthening, 3) Core Strengthening, and 4) Dynamic Stability.
This year, Aria Club has added two new offerings to enhance the program:
- A youth conditioning program for participants ages 9-14 will run concurrently with the afternoon adult sessions on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Aria Club. A certified personal trainer will lead the program and instruct participants through a modified version of the adult ski conditioning program. The price is $7 drop-in fee or $60 for a six-week session.
- Coaches will incorporate the technology and versatility of two new fitness systems the club added earlier this year. TRX® suspension training is a bodyweight exercise that develops strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. FitWall® is a vertical wall system that uses body weight for resistance, engaging and challenging all muscle groups to increase functional strength. Both of these new systems will help diversify fitness regiments and give participants innovative methods to tone and strengthen.
In addition to training sessions, all participants will also receive exclusive promotions and giveaways courtesy of this year’s program sponsors, including a chance to win a new, high-end pair of skis dining certificates, product giveaways and lodging packages. The program’s 2012 sponsors are: Gorusch, New Belgium Brewing, Life Fitness, Odell Brewing, Power Bar, Great Divide Brewing, Atwater on Gore Creek, Destination Hotels & Resorts, Breckenridge Brewery and Ska Brewing.
2012 Ski Conditioning Schedule
- Monday: 5:30pm – 7pm
- Tuesday: 6:15am – 7:30am
- Wednesday: 9:00am – 10:30am, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday: 6:15am – 7:30am
- Full program: 30 classes $150/$450
- Morning classes: 18 classes $144/$306
- Evening classes: 12 classes $120/$228
- Single Class: $15/$35
- Family Package: $290/$600 (Evening session enrollment for two adults and two full program passes for the youth program)
For more information about the ski conditioning program at Aria Club or to schedule a facility tour, please visit www.vailcascade.com or call 970.476.7400.