Atwater Beer Buzz February 21
Just a brief update today, as the Rocky Mountain Microbrew Symposium is happening in Colorado Springs tomorrow and our wonderful, continual, light-as-a feather snowfall is making daylight travel a strategic advantage.
Our next Brewmaster’s Weekend with Grand Teton Brewing Co. is coming together nicely! The beers that have been chosen for the Small Plates & Craft Beer Pairings are as follows:
- Sweetgrass American Pale Ale
- Bitch Creek Extra Special Brown
- Pursuit of Hoppiness Imperial Red
- Double Vision Doppelbock
The culinary team is looking forward to creating samples for their magical menu creation, and I’ll keep you posted with menu development! In the meantime, March 15 & 16th (St. Patrick’s Day weekend!) are the dates for your calendar, and reservations are available for those of you who plan these things early.
Wednesday Craft Beer Tastings continue in a wonderful way, and our guests were pleased to taste the new Samuel Adams offerings with Tina Zito yesterday. The White Lantern & Double Agent IPL were new to everyone, have just been released in the Vail Valley, and the Angry Orchard Ginger was a delicious and tasty treat. Thanks so much to Tina for being here!
Next week Jeff Neuweiler will be here with a variety of Sierra Nevada products for your tasting pleasure, so join us – once again – from 4:30 – 6:30pm on Wednesday in Fireside Bar. The $2 pizza slices flew off the plate this week!
New this week on our craft beer list are:
- Dry Dock Apricot Blonde, Fruit Beer, Aurora, CO (draft) – probably tomorrow
- Odell Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout, Cream Stout, Ft. Collins, CO – Big Beers Festival People’s Choice Award Winner (2013)
And our Craft Draft Flight is:
- Dry Dock Hefeweizen (or Apricot Blonde)
- Samuel Adams Alpine Spring
- AC Golden Colorado Native
- Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA
- Young’s Double Chocolate Stout (on nitro)
Enjoy all of the lovely powder this weekend, and I’ll report on the RMMS conference next week! Remember, complimentary valet parking for Atwater on Gore Creek as well as Fireside Guests – always!
Thanks for your support!
Craft Beer Program